Shadow Unit
December 22, 2014, 12:33:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Incoming fire has the right of way.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trollish Cat  (Read 4007 times)
Felicia1066

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2010, 12:04:29 pm »

Okay, 'fess up. Who posted this over at ICHC? I know it must've been a Delta!

Elizabeth Bear
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 04:38:06 pm »

POOR KITTY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chaz: "As if puberty weren't stressful enough."

Todd: "See? That's why we're better than all those other law enforcement agencies. Correct use of the subjunctive."
DavidG

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:42:15 pm »

POOR KITTY.

Poor kitty?!? More likely 'poor kitty' just deliberately dusted its face with snow and fluffed up its fur immediately before sitting there to do the puppy dog eyes thing in the sure knowledge that an extra helping of something tasty was sure to come its way....

Cynical about catz, moi?
InkRose

Whisky, watches, and words I do <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 02:56:57 am »

Poor kitty?!? More likely 'poor kitty' just deliberately dusted its face with snow and fluffed up its fur immediately before sitting there to do the puppy dog eyes thing in the sure knowledge that an extra helping of something tasty was sure to come its way....

Cynical about catz, moi?

Actually, to me that cat is making more of  a "oh you did NOT just lock me out..." face rather than a "I can haz door open now, plz? kthxbai" face.
jimsmyth

Secular Animist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 05:18:35 pm »

Cynical about catz, moi?

Actually, to me that cat is making more of  a "oh you did NOT just lock me out..." face rather than a "I can haz door open now, plz? kthxbai" face.

Or perhaps a "Hey!  You forgot to shovel the back yard!" face.  Much of cat facial expression-reading seems to involve movement.

"I wanted to tell you both. I've met someone."

"Danny, that's good," his mother said, sounding strange and strained and cautious. "What's--"

"His name's Grayson. He works for the State Department."
Emma Bull
Executive Producer

...we're needed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 09:00:02 pm »

I hate you. Where's my parka?

Falkner to Worth: "'Competent'" is not an insult."
jennygadget

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 03:06:33 am »

I hate you. Where's my parka?

LOL!  Cheesy
tylik

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 11:36:51 am »

I associate that particular fluffed meatloaf look with a cold cat hunkering down to wait*. Though the eyes could also be saying "What? Not the eyebox! Open the damn door!"

* The Woodinville house would often loose power. If we were home this wasn't a big deal - well if I was home - because the wood burning brick oven could heat the whole place. But if we were out, it was funny how much friendlier the cats would become. Once, I came back during a power outage to find the house 40 F, and all five cats curled up together on one chair - just a mass of ears, eyes and noses.
jimsmyth

Secular Animist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 05:41:26 pm »

Cats are a cowardly, superstitious lot.

Earlier in the week, during Car Disaster Night, I managed to be six hours late getting home (and providing the habitual Tunafish Treat).  By the time I'd returned, the cat had established a Cargo Cult, and had sacrificed a  mouse for my return.

Though, to be fair, it worked.

"I wanted to tell you both. I've met someone."

"Danny, that's good," his mother said, sounding strange and strained and cautious. "What's--"

"His name's Grayson. He works for the State Department."
DavidG

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 07:41:54 am »

By the time I'd returned, the cat had established a Cargo Cult, and had sacrificed a  mouse for my return.

Best laugh I've had in a long time!

(Even better than last night's German class where someone's 'Das Wetter war schlecht' was heard by all the Brits as 'Das Wetter war sh*t', which got the meaning across admirably, even if it did reduce half the class to tears)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: