Shadow Unit
November 28, 2014, 10:28:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dr. Frost sees you as a big pile of cells.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Wabbit, wabbit"  (Read 6324 times)
Edmund Schweppe

Smart is sexy

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2010, 08:53:36 pm »

Near the end of The Uniform Evils act V, after Daphne injects Hafidha with the sedative, we see this from Chaz's POV:

It was too late now. Hafidha slumped forwards into Daphne's arms and Daphne laid her down. Gently, gently. She crouched beside Hafidha, still stroking her hair, murmuring something that sounded like, "Wabbit, wabbit."

Now that could have just been Daphs murmuring her friend's nickname over and over. But those of us who follow Daphs' LiveJournal might recall that she starts each New Year by posting "rabbit, rabbit." In some circles1, this is supposed to bring good luck throughout the year. This makes me wonder if, perhaps, she's treating that scene as the beginning of a new year - for herself, and her family.

1 Or so a brief bit of Googling tells me.

"Suddenly one of my great satisfactions in life is knowing I'm not a character in an Anne Rice novel." - Hafidha
Felicia1066

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 10:32:19 pm »

I've been fretting over Daphne's bunny. It just seems symbolic for her to be lavishing love on it while she can't see Wabbit - and that makes me worried something will happen to the bunny... Don't know if that makes sense to anyone else, or if it's just one of those sideways jumps my mind makes sometimes.
Cal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 10:34:39 pm »

those of us who follow Daphs' LiveJournal might recall that she starts each New Year by posting "rabbit, rabbit." In some circles1, this is supposed to bring good luck throughout the year. This makes me wonder if, perhaps, she's treating that scene as the beginning of a new year - for herself, and her family.

1 Or so a brief bit of Googling tells me.

I just took it as a moment of irony...

"You can't afford to be stupid.  There are crocodiles."  --Lynda Day.
ebony14

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 05:12:49 pm »

If you go back through Daphne's LJ, you'll see that she does it at the beginning of the year, and Hafidha responds.

http://trollcatz.livejournal.com/8709.html

http://trollcatz.livejournal.com/32067.html
DavidG

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 01:29:16 am »

Daphs, voted most likely agent in her graduating class to cast a spell on friend or foe....

DavidG

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 05:16:23 pm »

Daphs, voted most likely agent in her graduating class to cast a spell on friend or foe....

Having just posted about Daphs and spellcasting, I came back out of the Wake thread, thought I was in New Messages and clicked at random, which landed me here, the last place I talked about Daphs and spellcasting. Cue Mythologically Complex Reaction.

There's that thing we don't believe in again.
CJ

Evil Mousse

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 09:00:44 pm »

MCR? Do we have a new TLA?

"We all ended up somewhere with our various uncertain lives flapping about us in tatters and our pockets full of foreign coins."
K. E. Gordon - The Transitive Vampire: A Handbook of Grammar for the Eager, the Innocent and the Doomed
Elizabeth Bear
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 09:04:20 pm »

It comes in both gammalogical and mythographical flavors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chaz: "As if puberty weren't stressful enough."

Todd: "See? That's why we're better than all those other law enforcement agencies. Correct use of the subjunctive."
jimsmyth

Secular Animist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 02:58:02 am »

It comes in both gammalogical and mythographical flavors.

I don't think I want to see a Gammalogically Complex Reaction.  I know I do not want to be exposed to one, nor have anyone I know (including the team!) exposed to one.

"I wanted to tell you both. I've met someone."

"Danny, that's good," his mother said, sounding strange and strained and cautious. "What's--"

"His name's Grayson. He works for the State Department."
tylik

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 06:00:32 am »

This article made me sad. But it seemed appropriate for here.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/19/us-rabbit-hero-idUSTRE78I2DY20110919?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews&rpc=69
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: