Shadow Unit
March 29, 2017, 08:12:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Benches are a growth industry.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Shadow Unit Fanfiction Policy (Such as it is)  (Read 54869 times)
Elizabeth Bear
Producer

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2008, 10:31:08 am »

We (Sarah, Bear, Will, and Emma) welcome your creative efforts at alternate canon, and you are more than welcome to play in our sandbox in a not-for-profit fashion, with a couple of very basic ground rules.

If you play with Shadow Unit in any not-for-profit way, we're happy. Our only request? Please don't be like the idjits who play with other people's creations and then claim the creators ripped them off if the creators have an idea that looks anything like a fan's idea.

Situations have implications, which is why similar ideas often occur to many people. What matters is what you do with the ideas.

As for posting fanfic to this forum: please be kind and limit yourselves to providing summaries, with links to content posted elsewhere rather than posting full stories here.

Discussion of fanfic stories in these fora is fine, also, though in the interests of keeping things comprehensible, we ask that the fanfic links and discussion be kept to this here fanfic forum rather than spread out over the entirety of the message board.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 01:08:31 pm by Elizabeth Bear » Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chaz: "As if puberty weren't stressful enough."

Todd: "See? That's why we're better than all those other law enforcement agencies. Correct use of the subjunctive."
Triffid Breeder

Please do not feed the plants

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 03:29:55 am »

I have a fanfic, but nowhere online to put it, as I lack facebook, livejournal, etc. Any suggestions as to where I could post the damm thing? It has Sol Todd in.  Smiley

It's only two sides of A4 (yes, I am very old school  Cheesy).

Just because something is highly inadvisable doesn't mean you can't do it if you want to.
MadGastronomer
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 03:46:14 am »

LJs are free, and then you'd have a handy way to follow the crew. Assuming any of them ever post again. Or there's Dreamwidth. I dunno if they ever opened it up, but if they haven't, I'm sure I must have an invite to give.
Triffid Breeder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 04:21:45 am »

Okay, will attempt livejournal. Does it come with instructions? (pity the troglodyte  Shocked)

Just because something is highly inadvisable doesn't mean you can't do it if you want to.
Elizabeth Bear
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 06:31:52 am »

I'm pretty sure I have a Dreamwidth invite too, if needful.

Um, Lj has a pretty easy learning curve. It's designed to be verra easy to use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Todd: "See? That's why we're better than all those other law enforcement agencies. Correct use of the subjunctive."
txanne
Laser Snark

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 06:47:26 am »

I have several DW invites.
Triffid Breeder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 08:34:16 am »

I'm afriad I don't even know what Dreamwidth isHuh

Triffid Breeder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 08:42:49 am »

Ah, found it.  Grin looks cool. Can I be invited? Please?

MadGastronomer
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 03:43:23 pm »

Just need an email to send it to.
Triffid Breeder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 04:08:48 am »

Ah. Yes. Email now visible.

Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:12:16 am by Triffid Breeder » Logged

nebula

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 04:25:21 pm »

I could be being a bit dim, but I was getting confused about crossovers. I have a CM/SU crossover fic on my LJ - can I link to it from this board?

Come at the King, you'd best not miss
Elizabeth Bear
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 09:49:42 pm »

I'm uncomfortable with them, but Will thinks they're fine. *g* So, um. I think that puts you on your own recognizance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Triffid Breeder

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 08:10:53 am »

Er, hello? Is my email visible now?

saoba

One of us is a bad influence

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 07:13:46 pm »

Er, hello? Is my email visible now?

Yes, it is.

(And it's back to rehearsal prep for me.)
Lioness

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 04:15:07 pm »

Extremely rated post. I study something completely new on completely different blogs everyday. Deciding on one . stimulating to learn the paper content from other writers and learn a bit of one thing from their website. Iíd like to apply sure of this content material on my blog youíre mind. Natually Iíll give a link here we're at your internet-site. Appreciate your sharing.

I'd like to talk with you about the Church of the Living Word: http://www.hearthelivingword.com/
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: