Shadow Unit
May 27, 2017, 11:49:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: More muffin recipes per square inch than anything else on TV.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sequester 1, FBI 0  (Read 4382 times)
Edmund Schweppe

Smart is sexy

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2013, 04:00:24 pm »

As reported by the New York Times, F.B.I. Plans to Close Offices for 10 Days to Cut Costs:

After months of agonizing about how to deal with the effects of government spending cuts, senior F.B.I. officials in Washington have decided how they will reduce the bureauís spending: they will shut down its headquarters and offices across the country for roughly 10 weekdays over the next year.

The people briefed on the F.B.I.'s plans spoke on the condition of anonymity because they did not want to be identified discussing plans that had not yet been publicly announced.
Since taking his post a week ago, the new F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, has been vocal about how the spending cuts known as sequestration will affect the bureau. At a news conference in Richmond, Va., on Monday, Mr. Comey said he was surprised by how substantial the cuts would be on operations.
"Iím not sure the effects of sequestration on this great institution that is charged with protecting the American people ó that those effects are known well enough yet, and it is something I intend to talk about," he said.
He added, "I canít imagine that if we have charged people with protecting their fellow citizens that it makes sense to send them home and tell them you canít work for two weeks without pay."

No word on the impact on the BAU, or any subteam thereof. Nor on any specialized treatment facilities in Virginia.

"Suddenly one of my great satisfactions in life is knowing I'm not a character in an Anne Rice novel." - Hafidha
Lioness

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 08:53:59 pm »

Oh, yikes. Especially on the specialized treatment facilities....
Korvar
Laser Snark

Warning: Beard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 01:04:14 am »

Oh, yikes. Especially on the specialized treatment facilities....
I suspect/desperately hope that the Idlewood staff would come in regardless.. But I do hope they still pay for the rather high power usage...

www.cugley.co.uk
Mike @ Nearly Enough Dice podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Elizabeth Bear
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 12:25:22 pm »

*whistles*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chaz: "As if puberty weren't stressful enough."

Todd: "See? That's why we're better than all those other law enforcement agencies. Correct use of the subjunctive."
Leah Bobet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 03:46:21 pm »

...holy crap.  Due North just got reverse-prophetic.  o.o
Edmund Schweppe

Smart is sexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 07:17:19 pm »

Between the sequester and the October US Government shutdown, there's all sort of fiscal plotbunnies coming out of the Capitol Hill woodwork.

"Suddenly one of my great satisfactions in life is knowing I'm not a character in an Anne Rice novel." - Hafidha
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: