Shadow Unit
July 30, 2014, 08:06:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Correlation does not equal causation.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Wakes for Daphne  (Read 6692 times)
glinda_w
Laser Snark

Why, this is Hell, nor are we out of it.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 04:46:25 pm »

Seattle-area guys, my migraine level's at 8 right now (which is actually an improvement from what I woke up with), so there's no way I'll be at NK tonight; just not up to being with other people. Someone have an extra drink for me, 'k?

Still will I harvest beauty where it grows...    --Edna ST. Vincent Millay
jeffy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 06:20:43 pm »

Sorry to hear that, Glinda. Take care of yourself.
Elizabeth Bear
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2011, 08:30:31 pm »

This is what both Chaz and I are listening to tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7hxWqFk5zQ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chaz: "As if puberty weren't stressful enough."

Todd: "See? That's why we're better than all those other law enforcement agencies. Correct use of the subjunctive."
MadGastronomer
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2011, 09:17:52 pm »

There's a Sad Bench for the wake here at NK.
jeffy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2011, 09:43:25 pm »

And I'm sitting on it.
jeffy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2011, 09:50:15 pm »

And drinking. (and eating hushpuppies (take your comfort where you can get it))

Are we at all concurrent with the 4th Street crew?
Lioness

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 01:50:21 am »

And drinking. (and eating hushpuppies (take your comfort where you can get it))

Are we at all concurrent with the 4th Street crew?

My wake drink was fresh-squeezed peach juice, for which I thank txanne.
Lioness

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 02:18:29 am »

Oh. I forgot to tell you guys a thing. In fact, I forgot to tell Bear, whom I showed the items in question to earlier tonight, and I only remembered when I showed them later to txanne.

I periodically order charms from various suppliers (no, silly; metal ones for use in jewelry!) and had recently ordered a whole bunch of various ones for an upcoming convention and some projects. However, one package of charms came in the mail for me lately which I must remark upon.

They were waiting for me when I came home from New York.
I opened them on the 21st.
They are harpy eagles.

What I forgot to tell Bear, and did tell TexAnne, is that I do not remember ordering them.  They just showed up.

Hm.
glinda_w
Laser Snark

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2011, 02:27:26 am »

Jeffy - thank you.

Lioness person: Um.

There's that thing... *again*.

Lioness

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2011, 03:04:09 am »

Jeffy - thank you.

Lioness person: Um.

There's that thing... *again*.

Well, it is entirely possible that I ordered them and then forgot. Except that I would probably have been thinking "Oh, dear, and I have harpy eagles coming in the mail soon. Wah."

They are very nice harpy eagles. I am going to have to figure out what to do with them. It needs to be a Right Thing, I think.  (Pendants, and donate half to the appropriate charity?)
glinda_w
Laser Snark

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2011, 03:17:52 am »

They are very nice harpy eagles. I am going to have to figure out what to do with them. It needs to be a Right Thing, I think.  (Pendants, and donate half to the appropriate charity?)

Sell half to people who were in on the SU-themed Beads of the Month, and just add them with whatever month's stuff is going out already, to save on shipping?

(Ghods, I've *got* to start selling things - want to get a bead group going at the day shelter that, in all probability, saved whatever sanity I have by letting me play the piano for an hour every morning; they have no supplies except elastic and pony beads, and it wouldn't take all that much to get basic tools, beadalon/acculon, clasps/earwires/headpins/crimp beads, and a bunch of glass and some semiprecious stuff to get a group going. Just more than I can spare... but if I sold a few things...)

Lioness

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2011, 08:23:27 am »

Sell half to people who were in on the SU-themed Beads of the Month, and just add them with whatever month's stuff is going out already, to save on shipping?

Good plan. I can do that. I'll post a thing about it in the SU BotMo topic, I think.

(Ghods, I've *got* to start selling things - want to get a bead group going at the day shelter that, in all probability, saved whatever sanity I have by letting me play the piano for an hour every morning; they have no supplies except elastic and pony beads, and it wouldn't take all that much to get basic tools, beadalon/acculon, clasps/earwires/headpins/crimp beads, and a bunch of glass and some semiprecious stuff to get a group going. Just more than I can spare... but if I sold a few things...)

Dear heart... I have Stuff. Where do you want me to mail it?  Probably be easier to send it directly to them instead of you schlepping on the ferry, right?
glinda_w
Laser Snark

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2011, 09:03:24 am »

Good plan. I can do that. I'll post a thing about it in the SU BotMo topic, I think.

Excellent.

Dear heart... I have Stuff. Where do you want me to mail it?  Probably be easier to send it directly to them instead of you schlepping on the ferry, right?

*stunned* I think there's a box of kleenex next to that pen I left in the bathroom, again.

It may take me a month or two to get it set up; I'll leave a voicemail for the staff person there. (And we can take this to email from here on, right?)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:10:41 am by glinda_w » Logged

MadGastronomer
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2011, 02:50:37 pm »

Glinda, I have Stuff, too, more than I can use. Let me see what I can scrounge up for you.
CJ

Evil Mousse

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2011, 03:15:40 pm »

I didn't get in on the SU BotM before, but would it be possible to get in on something with the harpy eagles?

"We all ended up somewhere with our various uncertain lives flapping about us in tatters and our pockets full of foreign coins."
K. E. Gordon - The Transitive Vampire: A Handbook of Grammar for the Eager, the Innocent and the Doomed
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: