Shadow Unit
March 23, 2017, 07:22:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Something's gotta eat T. rexes.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arthur Tan, in da house!  (Read 15864 times)
miminnehaha

Has anyone seen my book? Anybody?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 07:57:48 pm »

I don't get it! (and I don't want to.) love me for my obliviousness!

"I was waiting for the dotted yellow.  I'm not Chaz."                          It was a rich, hallucinatory web of geometry...
miminnehaha

Has anyone seen my book? Anybody?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 08:00:18 pm »

Btw- we don't have any clue to Padma's career, do we? Let's indulge in even-more-outrageously unfounded speculation. So far, seems most of us have assumed something fairly "professional."

"I was waiting for the dotted yellow.  I'm not Chaz."                          It was a rich, hallucinatory web of geometry...
Elizabeth Bear
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 09:31:47 pm »

Btw- we don't have any clue to Padma's career, do we? Let's indulge in even-more-outrageously unfounded speculation. So far, seems most of us have assumed something fairly "professional."

I think you just about know her name. And that she has a husband and a baby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chaz: "As if puberty weren't stressful enough."

Todd: "See? That's why we're better than all those other law enforcement agencies. Correct use of the subjunctive."
Elizabeth Bear
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 09:34:25 pm »

I think you just about know her name. And that she has a husband and a baby.

Oh, and a dog and more than one cat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Todd: "See? That's why we're better than all those other law enforcement agencies. Correct use of the subjunctive."
MadGastronomer
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 09:43:14 pm »

I dunno much about her, but she thought Arthur was awesome enough to marry, so I'm inclined to like her already.
Alena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 09:58:43 pm »

And for some reason, Arthur was in Bomb School when the kid was coming along, and that was not okay.  (I am assuming for the purposes of this post that if they had gotten together before Bomb School and Arthur wanted kids and they were going to have 'em, there would be no "have to quit the", Arther would just take a different path to start with.)

Further unfounded speculations: unplanned pregnancy and they had to decide whether to abort the fetus?  just hadn't talked about kids before?  had been trying but it hadn't worked and then when it did Arthur was in Bomb School?  a change in Padma's situation, like job promotion or rescinding of temporarily-able-bodied status?  some combination of the above?  something I would never think of?

... yeah, prob'ly that last one, knowing our PTB.  *g*  But unfounded speculation is such fun!
Korvar
Laser Snark

Warning: Beard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 08:18:41 am »

I'm putting my money on "test pilot".

www.cugley.co.uk
Mike @ Nearly Enough Dice podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Elizabeth Bear
Producer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 09:05:20 am »

Jockey!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DavidG

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 09:12:06 am »

I'll guarantee she's better looking than the last test pilot I talked to Wink

Investigative Journalist would be nicely problematical.
Edmund Schweppe

Smart is sexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 12:54:43 pm »

Jockey!

Argentinian race horse jockey!

"Suddenly one of my great satisfactions in life is knowing I'm not a character in an Anne Rice novel." - Hafidha
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: